SWOT Analysis is all about having a comprehensive knowledge of a particular domain. In this case, we are going to discuss SWOT Analysis of a Blogger. The term SWOT stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats about a subject. This analysis can be carried out for a product, service, industry or even a person. In the case of a blogger, there are several areas to be covered to analyze and help them make a successful career.
The strengths of a blogger may include:
- A plethora of blogging tools available in the market.
- Passion for blogging.
- The positive attitude of the blogger.
- Free blog designing services.
- Learning attitude.
- Serving people for free.
- Ability to capture, learn and adapt to the new techniques.
- Loyal to the readers
- Abilities to generate new ideas to grab immediate attention of the readers.
The possible areas that can make the readers weak are as follows:
- Short tempered mind.
- Lack of passions
- No knowledge about the basic HTML codes.
- Avoiding the reader’s problems
- Creating content that does not connect with the readers.
- Unable to develop own content
- Considering blogging to earn only money.
- Article spinning
The opportunities of a blogger may include things such as:
- Knowledge of SEO
- Ideas for promotion.
- Ability to handle readers.
- Skills to work as a guest blogger.
- Co-operative with the other bloggers.
- Ideas for promotion.
- Skills to reply the reader’s questions.
Apart from being the most exciting careers in the industry, it also has its fair share of threats. Some of them are:
- High competition
- Expensive tools
- Needs a lot of time and knowledge.
- It is difficult to pull and retain readers consistently.
- There is a lot of bargaining in the blogging industry.
- Every day new bloggers enter into the industry making the competition fierce.
The Bottom Line
Blogging works differently for different people. For some, it is just an expression of their thoughts and experiences, while for others, it can be a business growth opportunity. This all depends upon the attitude of the blogger.
Moreover, today industries, both big and small are using blogging as one of the prominent marketing technique. It is therefore critical to analyze the importance of blogging and to identify the gaps to accelerate in this domain. The SWOT analysis above gives a comprehensive overview of blogging and can help bloggers to uncover any areas of improvement.